Haven’t been doing too much on the electronics front lately, hence the lack of posts. I did go and pick myself up a $12 cable tester and associated punchdown tools (Krone and 110/88). I discovered that some of the ethernet ports in my house were nonfunctional, so with those tools in hand I was able to fix them all up. Annoyingly, the wall sockets require a 110 tool, but the main patch panel is Krone. Most of the failures appear to be related to the conductors being nicked when installed or excessive strain during installation pulling them loose from the punchdown terminal. Aggravating, but at least the cabling in the wall is fine.