Thought I’d link a heap of DOTA2 learning resources and guides for people getting to know the game. I’m still terrible, of course – don’t get much time to play, and I only play vs. bots right now. Anyway, these are the links I’ve found;
- Dota2 Alt-Tab Guides – A cheat-sheet of all the heroes, a suggested build and a bit of info about all of them. This is great to use in the Steam Web Browser so you can get an idea of what you’re up against (or playing!). I usually put these builds into the Build Editor so I can have them in-game without having to shift-tab all the time.
- Official Hero Info – This is actually the info you get ingame, just in a browser. You can use this page to edit your hero builds and review items and stuff without being in the game.
- PurgeGamer’s Welcome You Suck – Good starting guide, gives suggestions on heroes to avoid and heroes to use when starting off.
- Comprehensive DOTA Guide – Also a great guide. Lots and lots of info.
- DotaFire – Community website, has lots of builds, guides and a hero database.
- DotaCinema – Youtube channel features a lot of great info. Notably, the Hero Spotlights and the Learn DOTA 2 playlist. Worth a look.
- Creep Blocking – Quick howto about creep blocking.
- Universal Item Guide – A good guide to all the various items.